domingo, 10 de noviembre de 2013

Lessons don’t need to be boring!

Games can be great fun and they can help us to deal with different topics.

Including games in the classroom can be interesting not only for children but also for teachers. Students usually like playing and many times they learn a lot of things when doing so! Why shouldn't we take this and try to use it in our lessons? We can have a good time and learn a lot of vocabulary from games, for example. Lessons should be enjoyable for everybody. I think that teachers enjoy while teaching, so why shouldn't students enjoy during their learning process?
Now that I've read about it, I think that I will try gamify my lessons; I've never thought about it before. Now, I'm in a position to say that games are not a waste of time but another way of learning! Graham Stanley proposes on his blog a lot of games that you should try. I’ve tried “CharlesDickens’ London.” It’s really interesting to learn about him while playing! But… I’ve lost, so I’ll try again!




2 comentarios:

  1. Hi! I'v never tried that game, thanks for sharing it! In my case I think it would have been very useful to apply it to my classes because this year my students read a book by Charles Dickens. I will try the game and maybe introduce it to my students next year!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think the game looks great! It's a great tool to use with students from 8 up. Charles Dickens is a master of his art and it's fantastic that we can make use of technology to encourage students to read.

    ResponderEliminar